Rubric and Checklist : Midpoint Evaluation Rubric 20 points
Beautiful MORNING workout we completed today. Filmed in Costa Rica!
Watch the following mini lesson on theme. Then have a look at the THEME ENTRY instructions as well as the sample entry. Good Luck!
Reminder: Your portfolio is due on Thursday march 10th for a MIDPOINT Evaluation. Make sure all six entries are completed as per instructions. Each entry should have:
- Book Title and Pages Read
- Definition of the concept or term
- Anchor passage with annotation that helps you draft the entry
- Discussion and other details outlined on that week’s entry.
Theme Entry Instructions and Sample
( Scroll down for sample once you are in the document)
SAMPLE IRP_THEME 2014
Prewriting and Drafting:
Step 1 and 2- Writing Steps Organizer
Your next assignment is to write a memoir of no less than 600 words that explores the significance of a key person/event/moment. Here is a great sample from TEEN INK Magazine. There is a lot to be learned from this young writer.
– Memoir Draft and Pre writing evidence due Thursday.
Here are the steps to take to complete your entry:
1)Define the Phrase: Writing the Senses
2)Write out sensory rich, longer passage in the middle of a page. ( minimum six sentences.) Leave lots of rooms in the margin for detailed annotations.
3)Annotate the passage. Use sample to guide you. A minimum of four annotations required. Comment on the parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs) the author is using to craft the sensory experience for the reader. Here is a link to the page I showed you today about PARTS OF SPEECH.
4) Explain the effect this SENSORY Writing has on you, the reader and on your understanding of the novel as a whole. (For example, the passage you selected might help you understand something about a character, the atmosphere in the story or even conflict. Be as specific as you can in your discussion.)
All five entries must be done by MONDAY or you will be signed up for ARR until they are.
MIDPOINT EVALUATION on April 4th. We will complete one more entry next week.